Quick Dam Flood Bags
Water Activated Flood Bags absorb, control, & divert flood water
Protect your home or property in times of flooding with Quick Dam sandless sandbags. They are ready to use. Just lie in place and let the water do the rest. Quick Dams expand and activate on contact with water. Growing in size to absorb, contain and divert problem water. Light weight and easy to use. Place in the path of problem water and prevent the water from entering your property. Stack multiple bags to increase wall height. Keep on hand for emergency situations.
- Storm surges & water main breaks
- Overflowing appliances & equipment
- Leaking equipment & water tanks
- Broken sprinkler heads
- A/C condensation overflow
- Spills, leaks, floods, drips & more
- Water Activated Flood Bags (Sandless Sandbags) – Just get them wet
- Flood Bags grow to 12in x 24in x 3.5in high
- No need for sand or labor, filling sandbags
- Absorbs 4 gallons of water & grows to full size of 3.5in high in 10 minutes
- Swelled bags contain, control, & divert flood water
- Stack multiple bags in brick formation to increase wall height
How to Use
- Place the Bags in the path of oncoming flood water.
- As they come in contact with water, it will absorb through material & start to swell.
- Bags reach their full height of 3.5in in 10 mins if enough water is present.
- If a rush of water is expected or you need to stack them, pre-soaking them is recommended.
- Not for use with Salt water.
Note: For a solid base, bags should be stacked in a 1:3 ratio. For every 1ft of height needed, extend the base by 3ft
Tips & Tricks
- During first activation, we recommend checking on them to make sure they are directing water as desired. Adjustments may be necessary as landscaping can alter water flow.
- Bags & Barriers should be stacked higher than water level for stability and to prevent them from floating away.
- Barriers are flexible and can be curved or wrapped.
- Barriers have a dual chamber, place wider edge towards water & smaller wedge away from water to prevent rolling out of position.
- Pre-Soaking is recommended prior to stacking or if heavy rain or water flow is expected.
- Staining may occur in instances where the surface is porous or unfinished cement is present. Remove from area when no longer needed.
- Porous surfaces like unfinished cement cause excessive seepage, since they are both trying to absorb water. Plastic barrier film in between, may help.
- For use in the winter/snow months, make sure they are fully activated before freezing temperatures occur to assure maximum protection when the snow is melting. We do not recommend moving them while frozen to prevent any tearing of the outer material. Also, salt on the roads should not come in contact with Quick Dams. To help, pre-activate Quick Dams with water & then wrap plastic under & over the top to prevent the salt from making contact.
- Do NOT use around salt water, lime or calcium. These will cause the inner absorbent to release the water & deflate the product making it useless.
- Flood Bags & Barriers will not fully activate unless enough water is present.
- Once activated by water they can be used as a barrier against other oils & chemicals.
- Leave in place for 3-6 months of ongoing protection. Shrinking will occur as they dry out, but they will swell again once re-exposed to water.
- Length of time to dry out varies on climate. Average is about 3 months as higher humidity levels tend to take longer.
- Once completely dry, they will feel crunchy and ready for reactivation. Smooth the contents to evenly distribute the super absorbent polymers.
- Direct sunlight causes the product to degrade at a rapid pace, which will result in the product feeling slimy.
- Do NOT cut. The inner contents will be exposed and will make the product unusable.
Storage & Shelf Life
- Bags unused, have a 5+ year shelf life.
- Store in sealed bag for maximum term.
- Keep on hand for immediate deployment.
How to Dispose
- Throw away in trash.
- Quick Dams are safe:
- Pet friendly
- Environmentally Safe
- Optional- great soil additive to help retain moisture- cut open & spread/ blend contents on lawn or garden (NOTE- will be VERY slippery until it degrades & disappears)
From the Manufacturer
Protect your home or property in times of flooding with quick dam sand less sandbags. They are ready to use. Just lie in place and let the water do the rest. Quick dams expand and activate on contact with water. Growing in size to absorb, contain and divert problem water. Light weight and easy to use. Place in the path of problem water and prevent the water from entering your property. Stack multiple bags to increase wall height. Keep on hand for emergency situations.
Make sure this fitsby entering your model number.
Water Activated Flood Bags, Rated #1 in Flood Control
Grows to 3.5in high in minutes, just get them wet
Use to control, contain & divert flood water
Ready to use, no sand or labor needed
Compact & Lightweight, stores away until needed
Use to protect doorways, garages, erosion control & more
Use indoors or out
Be Prepared & Be Protected- Keep Quick Dams on hand
Units grow to: 12in width x 24in long x 3.5in tall
Do NOT use with salt water, chemical reaction causes deflation